Friday 1 June 2007

Friday June 1st - Bin Collection




My black bin is collected for the last time this month!


From now on I will be trying to recycle or reuse everything that might otherwise have gone into my black bin.


Things made out of metal, plastic or other synthetic materials are going to be a problem.


I will have to shop with more care, avoiding carrier bags and packaging as much as possible.


We are going to have to ask a lot of questions...................


INCOMING POST
Like most households, we get a lot of post, and most of it can be recycled as long as we take a few minutes to sort it ...............


Paper goes in the black crate

Envelopes go in the green bin


But what about those wretched window envelopes?

I usually tear them in half and put the window half in the black bin, and think I'm doing rather well, but from now on I shall have to separate the window itself.

And what about magazines that come in plastic covers ? Some say they are biodegradable, but does that mean I can put them in my green bin? I need to ask somebody.

No comments: