Thursday 7 June 2007

Bin Diving

One thing we didn't anticipate was our cleaner's lack of commitment to Zero Waste. It is difficult at the best of times to get her to understand about recycling: what goes where, what needs to happen to it on the way, that sort of thing. But in her zeal to get her job done, everything (and I do mean everything) goes straight into the black bin. Do not pass GO. Do not sort out the plastic and glass and toilet-roll cardboard cylinders. Despite my clear and obvious system in the kitchen for collecting recyclables. So I had to do a bit of bin-diving yesterday in order to remove those things from the black bin. Unfortunately, because there is so little in our black bin at the moment, it was a bit of a stretch to reach the lone bag right at the bottom, but I did it. I think she goes on holiday next week :~)

No comments: